How To Apply For Freshman Admission To MC
The following must be completed in order to be considered for admissions at Malden Catholic:
1. Request admissions materials from Malden Catholic or download them below:
Contact Mr. Matt O'Neil, Associate Director of Admissions
By phone - 781-475-5308
By mail - 99 Crystal Street, Malden, MA 02148
2. Complete the Archdiocesan Entrance Exam,
Test Dates: Nov. 17, 2012 or Dec. 8, 2012:
You may take the exam at Malden Catholic or any one of a number of Catholic Schools in Greater Boston -- Download 2012 form here
-- Plan to have your test results sent to all schools to which you apply
The exam fee is $30, payable to the school where you will take the exam
Exam results will be sent to your home by the testing company
3. Complete and submit an application for admissions. (Apply Online here) If you prefer to complete a paper application, you may download the application here. Applications for the Class of 2017 are due by December 15, 2012. If you need an extension for application to MC, please contact us.
Mailing address is 99 Crystal Street, Malden, MA 02148
Simply taking the Entrance Exam does not mean that you have applied to Malden Catholic (you must also complete and send the application form to us)
4. Complete and submit the Transcript Record Form. Please download the transcript here. (Adobe Acrobat Reader required). Bring the form to your current teacher, principal or guidance counselor:
5. Submit two letters of recommendation, one from your 7th grade English or Math teacher, one from your school Principal or other administrator. Download the recommendation form here.
6. Contact MC Admissions to arrange an interview. Parents and students should call to schedule interviews. We encourage our applicants to spend a school day with us as part of our Shadow Program. These students who do spend a day with us will have their interviews while they are at Malden Catholic and do not need to schedule it on a separate date.
7. For parents who need assistance with paying tuition, please inquire about financial aid at 781-475-5330.